Week #12: Have I Improved? –

Hellnar - Iceland - Seascape photography

Giuseppe Milo via Compfight

Travel is the only escape for me. I have been traveling since I was 6 and love it. And I learned that I never like to stay in one place for too long because everything starts to become too familiar and nothing new or exciting happens. If you stay in one place and never travel, in a way it’s like reading the same book over and over again, and for some people that is fun and for others it gets boring after you read it more than once. So what I’m trying to say is that I love traveling, whether it’s out of the state or out of the country or even just out of the city. Traveling is super fun! You can learn new languages and lifestyles, and try new food and see the different ways things work around the world.

The first state I traveled to was California when I was 6. We went to Visalia, California and it was so beautiful and original. I was drawn to the brightly colored buildings all around me because they were different and new. At night it was even more beautiful because every single building had lights that outlined the doors, windows, roofs, signs, everything. Visalia, California is definitely somewhere I want to visit again because it was such a fun experience for me. And that was when my love for traveling started.

My very first time traveling by myself I was 12. I went to Paris, Normandy, and London. I was so nervous because well, first of all, I was 12 and second of all I wasn’t going with anybody I knew. But, I was really excited too because Paris, France was and still is my most favorite place in the entire world and I have always wanted to go there so when I got a chance to I took it! Europe was so fun! I learned how to speak a lot of French like, “Parlez vous anglais?” which means “Do you speak English?” and that came in handing a whole bunch. I got to see the Eiffel Tower and the London Eye they were both so very beautiful. Now it has been almost a year since that trip and that trip made me want to travel the world. I have a trip coming up soon and it’s to Italy and Greece, I’m so excited for all the new things I am going to learn there. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be?